Saturday, June 7, 2008

Spring, we hardly knew ye

Summer is here. The temperature is 90, the humidity is 150%. The dogs have to stay inside. Ah well, that means we get to explore indoor activities for the kids for a while. Today we were invited to a tile painting for the new pediatric hospital opening up in August. (Another cool month.) I discovered my kids are burgeoning Picassos. The theme the hospital was going for was undersea creatures, so I dipped their fingers into the paint and touched them to the tiles, then I made the fingerprints into fish and stuff. I'm pretty sure I had more fun than anyone.


Here is Thomas' tile (taken with my phone because, naturally, I forgot my camera):



And Emmie's:



The tiles will be fired in a kiln and hung at the hospital as a permanent exhibit. I hope the only time we see the inside of that hospital is when we go look for our tiles.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

What a really cool idea! You did a great job! Er, I mean, the kids did a great job!