Tuesday, June 3, 2008

peas porridge hot

This is Emerson. She is eating her bib because she is SO HUNGRY. STARVING, actually.



When she wasn't chewing on her bib she was yelling at me to HURRY WITH THE LUNCH. At least, that's how I interpreted the monotonous, repetitive Huh! Huh! Huh! she was yelling at the top of her lungs.

I bought her one of those toddler dinners - it had mac n' cheese and peas and carrots in a nifty little divided tray. She completely refused the mac n' cheese. Again. Let me just say, I have tried repeatedly to get this kid to eat mac n' cheese because, well, I'm just having a hard time believing that she doesn't like it. I've tried Kraft Dinners. I've made it with tiny little pasta shells. I've cut the noodles in half to make it easier to eat. I don't get it! What one year old DOESN'T LIKE mac n' cheese? I know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, so internet, I making an on-the-spot self-diagnosis.

What's really crazy though? She loved the peas.

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

I used to try and feed that Mac n cheese toddler meal to my first. Nothing doing. I think it was that fake cheese crap. Of course, I now have the only 2-yr-old in the world who doesn't like cheese at all!