Friday, September 26, 2008

Hey there y'all!

Where on earth have you been? Who, me? Why, I've been hanging out on the sofa, eating bon-bons, watching DVR'd episodes of Friends and Magnum PI! I certainly haven't been blogging...

Seriously? Wanna know what I've been up to this week?

Well, Thomas has a cold. Let's run the numbers on your average cold in this household:

Number of times I've wiped Thomas's nose - 273.

Number of times he yelled at me for wiping his nose - 275 (a couple of times were freebies in case I was thinking about wiping his nose.)

Number of times I've washed his face because he had glued his hair to his forehead with snot - 3.

Number of times I've rushed to his room in the middle of the night because he was coughing - 4.

Number of times he actually woke up while coughing in the middle of the night - 0.

Also? Emmie is walking which means I need to babyproof a whole new level of the house because there are so many new things she can grab. While I am making lists, I might as make a partial list of things I've had to snatch away from her just after she just before she put them in her mouth:

My lipstick

Ping-pong ball

Hairball from the cat left on the chest by the front door

Earplug

Nasty snot-covered Kleenex

DVD of I Am Legend (borrowed from a friend)

Lint-covered raisin from under the sofa (ok, she could have gotten that one before she started walking, but hey, it's my list.)

Canister of hairspray

Part of the problem is the Nor'Easter that blew in and kept us stuck inside for 3 days. Yesterday Thomas's nurse and I, in a fit of desperation to do something, ANYTHING besides sit inside and look at each other, took the kids to the mall, in the rain and 35 mph wind, to ride the carousel and the little cars.






And for a total of 7 minutes and 10 dollars I had two not-quite-so-bored children.

2 comments:

Curious Potato said...

Hope you had a good weekend and Thomas is feeling better.

Tigriswillreign said...

This made me laugh. Not at your pain. With your pain. No, that doesn't make sense. K, I was laughing at your pain. *giggle*
Well-written! :D