Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September is my favorite month

And NOT because it's my birthday month, because now that I'm of a certain age I am not as fond of my birthday as I was when I was, say, eight. Remember when you wanted so badly to be older? You were 8 and a half, then 8 and three-quarters...

I love September because the ungodly heat and humidity of August is a memory and cooler air is arriving...even if it isn't quite here yet it's on its way and that's enough for celebration. I also love the way the water looks in September. The sun is starting to drift lower on the horizon which makes the waves sparkle and dance in a way that just isn't possible when it's July and the sun is directly overhead. The tourists are mostly back at home in September so the beaches are less crowded and the water is still warm.







Yeah, I know it's October now. I meant to post this yesterday.

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

It almost looks like Thomas is checking Emmie's hair for sand bugs in that last pic!

Fall is my fav, too. I know it means that winter is looming just around the corner but I love the colors and the nip in the air (remember, I live in Canada ;) ) as well as the drizzles and sweater shopping. Hmmm, maybe I should write a post on this! ;)