Thursday, October 9, 2008

First real word

Emmie has been babbling for months in that weird, Latvian dialect that only she understands. I mean, Thomas apparently only speaks Chinese, so obviously HE can't figure out what she's saying and we as adults have no memory of the days that we made up our own language and happily rolled with it, pointing and shouting lbulabulwhmfumleebullatablut! Weehblazoomak!

But day before yesterday she was watching the dogs play and I asked her Emmie? What does the doggie say? Does the doggie say woof woof?

And Emmie replied oof. oof. And smiled.

2 comments:

Mike said...

So cute. I can't wait for Maddie to start talking. The scary thing is the understand LONG before they speak. So we must be careful what we say!

Tigriswillreign said...

Awwwww!! That's so awesome! So proud!

I think Avi says "Hi." I mean, I swear she said it at least once, clear as day, while waving. She also does "mama" and "dada" but I don't think she really "gets it" yet.

So amazing to watch them grow, eh?!