Monday, July 7, 2008

Just Call Me Grace

I was all set to go to the gym one day last week, but I had misplaced my iPod armband. I was bummed - that armband makes me feel so cool. So workout-y. It sorta makes me look like I know what I'm doing, which I definitely don't. So I had to improvise.

I got on the treadmill, punched in a preset workout and stuck my earbuds in my ears. Then, not really knowing what else to do with it, I stuck my iPod in my jogbra. I know - SEXY, especially with the cord to the earbuds emerging from my cleavage.

The gym was busier than usual for a Wednesday afternoon and there were several women on the ellipticals behind me. Plus that little dude that always wears dark socks pulled all the way up his shins was on a bike in front of me. But he's a whole 'nother post.

This is where I admit that I am strangely self-conscious at the gym. I like to go at 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon because almost no one else is there and I don't feel like I'm being *looked at*. The way I look at little dark-socks dude. I mean, what is UP with that guy?

SO, I'm huffing along on the treadmill doing 4.5 mph and working up a good sweat. I've got G-Love rockin' on the iPod and I'm feeling pretty good about my workout. Then my iPod slipped.

It fell out of the bottom of my jogbra, snapped to the end of the earbud cord and unplugged, fell to the treadmill and skittered off behind me. Without thinking, I turned around to catch it. I put one foot on the siderail and left the other on the moving part, slipped sideways and stumbled off the back. I had to keep running a couple of steps to stop myself from falling and I ended up against an elliptical, grabbing the rails for balance. Niiice.

I look up to see who was watching. Oh hi, just EVERYBODY. One of the ladies on the ellipticals stifled a grin and said "At least you didn't fall!"

Yeah, there's that.

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Ack! Like working out doesn't make you self-conscious enough! *stifled giggle*