The other day I found this site. You type in your name and it tells you how many people in the US have that same name. Interesting stuff. Of course I entered Thomas and Emerson's names to see what came up. This is what Thomas's said:
- There are 2,102,724 people in the U.S. with the first name Thomas.
- Statistically the 11th most popular first name.
- 99.78 percent of people with the first name Thomas are male.
Then I entered Emmie's, and got this result:
- There are 12,163 people in the U.S. with the first name Emerson.
- Statistically the 1684th most popular first name.
- More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Emerson are male.
This means there are actually more women in this country named THOMAS than there are women named Emerson.